This Independence Day Get Freedom from Diseases
Today, a growing number of Indians lose their precious lives because of the health issues on a daily basis. However, staying away from these diseases is possible with some simple changes in your lifestyle. This Independence Day let’s take a healthy initiative to gain freedom from diseases and lead a healthier life.
Our societies are troubled by chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disorders, as lifestyle disorders rise. There is a threatening growth in the number of cancer and high blood pressure patients. The diabetes rate in India is increasing rapidly; around 30 million people have been diagnosed with diabetes in India while approximately, 25% of the Indian families have heart patients. India has the highest rate of heart attacks in the world.
Threats to Health
Smokers are more likely to die from tumors of the lung, throat, mouth, bladder, and esophagus. Smokers are more likely to have heart attacks, respiratory disorders, hypertension, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease. Smoking pregnant women raise the likelihood of their baby being born with low birth weight.
- Not Getting Enough Sleep
Sleep deprivation is a big NO. It can harm your immune system, intellect, and decision-making abilities. It can lead to depression and make it tough to lose weight if you’re trying to reduce weight
- Spending too Long Hours on the Computer
To begin with, if you already spend 8-9 hours every day in front of a computer at work, it will increase your screen time. Your eyes may be harmed by blue light emitted from the computer/ laptop screen.
- Long Periods of Sitting
Static lifestyles are common nowadays. We sit for hours on end in our chairs, especially those who work 9-5 jobs. Leg muscles might cramp and lose tone if they are seated for long periods of time.
- Consuming Fried Foods
Processed or junk food is for sure tasty. However, if you’re a habitual eater, you may be experience symptoms like overeating, obesity, mood changes, and insomnia. Let’s make the switch to a cleaner diet before it becomes too late
Good News! Prevention of Diseases Is Possible
Health is wealth. This common saying holds a lot of weight because it has truth behind it. We all know that ‘Prevention is better than cure’. Therefore, preventive measures such as following a healthy lifestyle including a healthy diet, suitable exercise and regular health check-ups help to avoid diseases. Here are a few preventive health tips to stay away from the diseases:
- Get up and Get Moving
“Start where you are and gradually increase your physical activity,” says Dr. Todorov. “My motto is some exercise is good but more is better.” Regular exercise assists in removing toxins from the body and burn the extra fat as well. It helps you to stay away from diabetes, cholesterol, obesity and subsequently heart diseases as well as mental stress and fatigue.
- Make healthy food choices
The first thing you need to do is to get rid of bad dietary habits. Aerated drinks, junk food, fatty food along with lack of fibrous food cause many health problems. Prefer having healthy food cooked at home. Never miss nutrient-rich foods such as almonds, mushroom, green vegetables and seasonal fruits. Including foods such as green tea, yogurt, garlic, also helps. This will improve your immunity and you will feel healthy and fresh.
- Don’t miss Health Screening and Vaccination
Preventive health screening has been a boon to us today. Many of us have already been getting ourselves checked periodically for various health conditions. If you have a family history of certain health conditions such as blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and so on, you should never neglect your health.
Why a Preventive Health Check-Up Necessary?
- A preventive health check-up detects many diseases at an early stage so you can take immediate steps.
- Preventive healthcare is a wise investment that can help avoid the high cost of medical care and potential bankruptcy
- Timely health check-ups are important as they can help detect problems even before they start. When there is a quick response to diseases at an early stage, it automatically increases the chances of cure.
- Even if you have a family history of specific health conditions, a precautionary medical health checkup helps you to keep the disease at bay for a longer time. With expert healthcare and healthy lifestyle, you may even avoid the disease completely.
- Healths checkups bring you tax benefits as well along with health benefits.
- Detection of potentially life-threatening health conditions or diseases at an early stage reduces the risk of undergoing surgeries and other chronic medical conditions.